About The Course
The SDI - Open Water Scuba Course is split into 2 parts:
What You Will Need
- Confined Water (12 hours over 1 or 2 weekends) - Includes classroom instruction to learn the basic principles of scuba diving and in water pool time to learn basic scuba skills.
- Open Water (1 weekend)- Includes 4-5 open water dives at a specific dive location. Will take place over an entire weekend
In the SDI - Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank. The equipment you wear varies, depending upon whether you’re diving in tropical, temperate or cold water.
For the course, you will be required to have your own mask, snorkel, fins and weight belt. All other gear will be provided during the confined water sessions.Additional cost
• Accommodations for open water check out dives
• Gear rental for open water check out dives
• Log Book (will need in order to log check out dives)